Upgrading Server Management
The Server Management image incorporates both operating system and application updates. So there is no need to upgrade the operating system separately before upgrading Server Management.
The upgrade process results in a reboot of Server Management.
When performing a major upgrade, you must instead redeploy the system.
- Download the required upgrade bundles.The upgrade bundle is a CMIC image (cmicimage.cif)
- Log on as user root to the virtual or public cloud system where Teradata Viewpoint is installed.
- Unzip the Server Management bundle to /var/opt/teradata/packages.
- Run the -sshuser command to specify the user name provisioned when the CMIC VM was deployed. The cmicimageupdate expects a user with key-based SSH access.
cmicimageupdate --cmic CMIC IP --image image name --sshuser username --identity pem file name
- Enter yes to proceed with the Server Management upgrade.The upgrade process runs, and Server Management reboots.
- If you have deployed multiple Server Management VMs, repeat the previous steps for each VM.