||Supported only by Teradata Database, and best suited for test or development environments or use cases where performance takes priority over data persistence.
For local storage information, see Teradata Database Local Storage Options and Teradata Database VM Sizes for Local Storage.
For more information, access Azure Documentation Center and search for Introduction to Microsoft Azure Storage.
||Supported by all Teradata Database on Azure and best suited for production environments or use cases where data persistence takes priority over performance.
- Provides the highest reliability among the storage options.
- Offers data persistence independent of a running VM.
- Allows shutdown of a VM between sessions to reduce costs.
- Provides lower performance compared to local storage.
- Costs less per GB than local storage.
- Offers 5, 15, or 20 TB storage per node on P30 (1 TB) disks.
For premium storage information, see Teradata Database Premium Storage Options and Teradata Database VM Sizes for Premium Storage.
For more information on Azure storage, access Azure Documentation Center and search for Premium Storage: High-Performance Storage for Azure Virtual Machine Workloads
Supported by Teradata DSC and Teradata Access Module for Azure.
Suitable for test, development, or production environments.
- Stores data as unstructured block blobs.
- Provides the durability, availability, and scalability of premium storage at a reduced price.
- Offers tier options to lower storage costs for less frequently accessed data (cool tier) or to lower access costs for more frequently accessed data (hot tier).
- Provides a means of protecting data for systems that use local storage. (See Data Backup and Recovery on Azure.)
- Provides ability to use Teradata Access Module for Azure to export data from and import data to Microsoft Azure Blob storage. For more information, see Teradata Tools and Utilities Access Module Reference, Release 16.10 and later.
For more information, access Azure Documentation Center and search for Azure Blob Storage: Hot and cool storage tiers.