Deploying a Single Ecosystem Manager VM from an Image
PrerequisiteIf you plan to use Teradata Viewpoint, including the Ecosystem Manager portlet or any other Viewpoint portlets, you must deploy and configure a Viewpoint VM first.
- From the Azure Marketplace portal, click located in the upper left and search for Teradata.A list of Teradata products appears under the Results pane.
- From the Azure portal, click Teradata Ecosystem Manager.
- Click the Basics blade to configure basic settings.
Parameter Name Action Name Enter a name for the Ecosystem Manager VM. VM disk type Select SSD as the storage media.NoteOnly SSD is supported for VM disk type. User name Enter a name of the user. Authentication type Select one of the following:NoteFor security reasons, an SSH public key is strongly recommended.
- Enter a password of at least 12 characters, using at least 1 lower case character, 1 upper case character, 1 number, and 1 special character. Enter the password again to confirm.
- SSH public key
- Copy and paste an Open SSH public key which can be generated with tools such as PuTTY or SecureCRT.
Subscription Select a subscription. Resource group Select one of the following:
- Create new and enter a name for the resource group.
- Use existing and select an empty existing resource group.
Location Select a location where you want to deploy the VM.
- Click OK.
- Click the Size blade to choose a VM size.The storage size is per node.
- Click to display a list of VM sizes for the storage type you want.
- Click Recommended to view supported sizes, then click to highlight a VM size.
- Click Select.
- Click the Settings blade to configure optional features.
Parameter Name Action Storage Storage account Create a new or select an existing storage account. Network Virtual network Select the virtual network that was created when the database was deployed.
If you are using VNet peering, you can create a new virtual network.
Subnet Select the subnet (vmsubnet) that was created when the database was deployed.
If you are using VNet peering, you can create a new subnet.
Public IP address Select one of the following:NoteYou will use this IP address of the monitored Teradata system for this VM when you configure Viewpoint.
- Create a new public IP address.
- Select an existing public IP address.
- Select None to not assign a public IP address to the VM. Instead access the VM using another jump box VM in the same VNet or through a VPN.
If using a public IP address, review the NSG rules to lock down access to only known source IP ranges.
Network security group (firewall) Create a new or select an existing network security group. Extensions Extensions [Optional] Create a new or select an existing extension. High availability Availability set Create a new or select an existing availability set if you are deploying multiple VMs. Monitoring Boot diagnostics Click Enabled or Disabled. Guest OS diagnostics Click Enabled or Disabled. Diagnostics storage account If you enabled either boot diagnostics or guest OS diagnostics, select the storage account where you want to place the diagnostic files.A summary appears.
- Click the Summary blade, review the summary, and click OK.
- To monitor the VM creation progress, do the following from the Azure portal:
- Click to see notifications to determine if the deployment has started.Notifications send alerts only if you have set them prior to starting the deployment.The Deployment blade opens. Under Operation details, a blue status symbol appears in the first column next to each resource to indicate the deployment process is continuing.
- Click located at the top of the right pane to refresh the pane.Under Operation details, the blue status symbol changes to a green check mark in the first column next to each resource to indicate the deployment process has finished.
- Under Summary, when the STATUS displays Succeeded, the VM has been created.
- Under Summary, select the resource group.The right pane displays the resources that were created.
- Click to see notifications to determine if the deployment has started.
PostrequisiteComplete the applicable procedures under Teradata Ecosystem Manager Configuration.