Configuring SecureCRT for Teradata Database on Azure Connections
PrerequisiteThis procedure assumes you have SecureCRT installed. For information on how to create SSH keys, see Azure Documentation Center.
- From the Azure portal, select the VM.
- Record the public IP of the VM to which you want to connect.
- Run SecureCRT.
- On the Session Manager, click to start a new session.You can also press Alt+N.The New Session Wizard opens.
- At SecureCRT protocol, select SSH2, and click Next.
- At Hostname, enter the public IP address you previously recorded.
- At Port, enter 22.
- At Username, enter the user name specified when you deployed the VM, which may or may not be azureuser, and click Next.
- At SecureFX protocol, select SFTP, and click Next.
- At Session name, type a name for the session, and click Finish.The New Session Wizard closes.
- In the Session Manager, right-click on the new session you just created, and select Properties.
- Under Category, select SSH2 to display the SSH2 options.
- At Authentication, select PublicKey, and click Properties.The Public Key Properties window opens.
- Select Use global public key setting.
- Select Use identity or certificate file, and browse to the *.pem file that was created when you deployed the VM.
- Click OK to return to the SSH2 settings.
- At Key exchange, select every line that contains diffie-hellman, and click OK.Diffie-Hellman is a method of securely exchanging keys over a public channel.
- Back on the Session Manager, double-click your session to connect to your VM.